Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Dog onesies and burnt play dough


I know. I said I would never have a blog. Because I am too lazy, and I wouldn't know what to say. Now here I am at my computer, trying to type the first post for my blog. And guess what? I don't have anything to say.

While I was trying to finish up some orders this morning, I saw today's episode of Martha Stewart. She had Christy, from Bellablu Designs (and also an Austinite) on her show making her really cute dog applique onesies.

Have you ever smelled burnt play dough? Today I had the bright idea of making homemade play dough for the kids. I googled "play dough recipe" and came up with tons of them. This is the one I chose:

3 cups flour
3 cups water
1 1/2 cups salt
2 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon cream of tartar

Place all ingredients in a pan and cook and stir over medium heat until it sticks together.

If you ever decide to make it, don't place all ingredients in the pan, turn on the heat, and then go rummage around in your kitchen drawers for a spoon. Because that's all the time it takes for the ingredients to stick to the bottom of the pan and burn. I finally ended up with some acceptable play dough, and now the kids are making fossils with it.

2 comments:

LucyandEthel said...

I LOL at the rummage around in your kitchen for a spoon part! That totally sounds like me! ;)
~Heather

abby-doodles said...

I used to make play-doh with my preschoolers too. I havent made it with the kids at home in awhile... bad mommy bad mommy!
lol